Sunday, November 3, 2013

Unit Plan Canvas

Creating a canvas using PLAYground has been a fun experience for me.  This website has allowed me to create a place for my future students to visit and see what material I will be covering in upcoming classes as well as discover links, videos, pictures, and other sources of information about our unit.  While I was creating my canvas I found myself researching many sources for credible information that I could use for links and videos.  In this process I was able to make connections to artists throughout history who share rejection by the majority of society to their music.  I chose to display a unit on the affect of society on musicians and composers, noting artists who were criticized for introducing a new genre or style.  My aim is to show the similarities to today’s highly criticized music and art, and how this theme has been on-going.  Some of these artists have become idols and legends in music history so their mention serves as a good model for what the future may bring for today’s music that is looked down upon.  PLAYground canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment